Saturday, February 25, 2023

Doepfer A-134-1 PAN: VC Panning Module.


The Doepfer A-134-1 PAN module is something I have in my "permanent" output chain for every patch.

I have a stereo mixer as well (Doepfer A-138s), for times when I want to get more specific, but everything coming out from my mono mixer (Rides in the Storm XXM) gets routed to potentially two different places:

First, a portion of my signal can be routed to my DSP effects module (currently Erica Synths Pico DSP), which itself has a stereo output that goes into the final mix.  This has nothing to do with the Doepfer module, but it created some complexity in the final mix to do this, so that the stereo panning doesn't seem like a mere parlor trick.

Whatever portion of "dry" signal I wish to have goes into this Doepfer VC Panning module.  I usually leave it tuned to the center and don't touch it, but when I want to create some dimensional movement, I can simply patch into the CV or CV2 input and pan the dry portion of my signal left or right.

Thomann has this listed for $85 at the time I'm writing this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comparing DivKid's Instruō øchd with Doepfer A-145-4 Quad LFO

Here are two seemingly similar modules that couldn't be more different, but are both incredibly useful. DivKid's øchd from Instruō ø...