Saturday, February 25, 2023

Plaits

 

I own the beautiful Momo Modular clone of Mutable Instruments Plaits.  I really like the textured look of these clones by Momo.

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about Plaits, but I also recognize it as being nearly indispensable in my setup.

The recent firmware update, at the end of 2022, as a farewell from Mutable Instruments, really added a lot of value to this module by providing a third "orange" bank of models.

One of these, in particular, the Arpeggiator, attracted my attention.  I should note that this isn't a CV arpeggiator, it's a complete voice, providing audio output.

Without using the TRIG input, it behaves much like the Chord mode from the green bank, except with a slightly chiptune quality to the sound.

At the time of writing, this module is available for $190 on Momo Modular's Esty store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comparing DivKid's Instruō øchd with Doepfer A-145-4 Quad LFO

Here are two seemingly similar modules that couldn't be more different, but are both incredibly useful. DivKid's øchd from Instruō ø...